Ethics in the Organization – Leading Through People™, Module 15
Session Length: 4 hours | Target: All Staff Levels | Prerequisites: None | Delivery: taught live or webinar
In 1998 the federal government ruled that all companies, whether public or private, must provide their employees with ethics training. An organization’s standards of conduct and code of ethics are the tools that guide employees to do the right things in the workplace. How well a company communicates these areas goes a long way towards increased productivity and the living out of corporate values. Developed by an attorney with deep compliance experience, this module includes the annual certification testing required by the Federal Sentencing Guidelines. Here is everything your employees and managerial staff needs to know:
- Today’s Attitudes About Ethics
- What exactly are ethics?
- Commonly held but unfortunate views of ethics and why they exist
- Why Are Corporate Ethics a Big Deal?
- Common ethics violations that incur huge costs
- Corporate and personal liability for ethics violations
- Ethics and employee engagement
- Our Organization’s Code of Ethics
- Our mission is guided by our ethics
- Industry-specific laws and regulations that apply to us
- A deeper look at our code of ethics and organizational governance
- Seven required steps of corporate compliance programs
- Addressing Situations With Ethics
- When in doubt, you must ask!
- A look at the nine organizational behaviors prohibited by law, plus industry regulations
- What to do in the event a violation occurs
- Supervisory and Managerial Responsibilities
- Arm’s length vs. fiduciary relationships – which one applies to every supervisor and above
- Seven steps managers must take to combat and remediate ethics violations
- Spotting and Stopping Bad Behaviors
- Self-Assessment: How Effectively Do I Observe in my Workplace?
- Workshop: Correctly Interpreting Resolving Two Ethics Situations
- Annual Certification Quiz
- Can provide supervisor-only, employee-only, and mixed levels classes
Latest Leadership Posts
How to Choose the RIGHT Sales Training & Development Program – Part 2 Continue Reading
How to Choose the RIGHT Sales Training & Development Program – Part 1 Continue Reading
What You Must Discover During Your Job Interview Research Continue Reading