Understanding Today’s Buyer’s Journey – B2B Sales Essentials℠, B2BSE-16
Session Length: 3 hours | Target: All staff, all Levels | Prerequisites: none | Delivery: taught live or webinar
The buyer’s journey is the process that buyers of products and services use to make purchasing decisions, from the identification of a need to the implementation of a solution. This process has changed radically over the past ten years – and continues to evolve – driven by technology, globalization, and the speed at which business buyers need to move. Gone are the days of Willy Lohman dragging a sample case from prospect to prospect. Buyers complete almost two-thirds of the sale before ever engaging with a solution seller. It is imperative that today’s and tomorrow’s B2B sales professional understand the evolving buyer’s journey in order to position themselves in the places of greatest opportunity.
Topics in Understanding Today’s Buyer’s Journey include:
- What is Today’s Buyer’s Journey?
- How has it changed over the past decade?
- How Buyers Begin Their Journey:
- They complete the first 60% without you.
- Repeat buyers differ greatly from first time buyers.
- Your Buyer’s Process Investment:
- Depending on the size of the sale, buyers average 86 hours of research to find a B2B partner.
- What Buyers Expect From You
- Five Key Factors Drive Buyer’s Perceived Value
- Sales Rep Behaviors Drive the Size of the Sale:
- How buyers assess the value sellers offer
- The top four ways buyers say sellers exceed expectations
- How to Know You’re Delivering Value
- The Once and Future Sale: how the compound effect of value drives the sales success cycle
- What’s Your Personal Plan? (Moving From Here to There)
- Buyer Archetypes & Personas
Latest Leadership Posts
Spring Cleaning How You Appear in Searches Continue Reading
Eight Essential Skills Every First Time Supervisor Needs – Part 2 Continue Reading
Eight Essential Skills Every First-Time Supervisor Needs – Part 1 Continue Reading