Leading Productive Meetings
Session Length: 1.5 Hours | Target: All Employees, especially those who lead meetings | Prerequisites: None
How can you ensure that the meetings you lead are fast-paced and productive, and attendees come away knowing their time participating was well-spent? Some efficiency experts believe that up to 10% of company time is wasted annually because of poor meeting leadership. Increase your organization’s effectiveness in this area! Topics include:
- The Anatomy of a Meeting – what is needed to make a meeting effective?
- Inviting the Right Participants – and, is there a better alternative to taking valuable people out of their workflows than holding a meeting?
- Preparation – an often overlooked step that when missed, makes meetings ineffective
- Getting off to a Strong Start – effective openings, agendas, introductions and meeting objectives
- Holding the Meeting – how to accomplish the meeting’s objectives and effective use of brainstorming, case studies, participation, simulations, role plays and other tools to gain participant involvement
- Closing the meeting – ensuring that action steps are assigned, next-steps are agreed upon, and participants commit to accomplishing the work
- Tools provided: Working with Visual Aids and a Meeting Planning Guide template