Effective Strategic Planning
Session Length: 1 Day | Target: Supervisors to CEOs & Boards | Prerequisites: None
A recent survey by The McKinsey Quarterly of senior financial and strategic executives worldwide indicated most organizations follow a formal process of strategic planning. Over the past several years the discipline of strategic planning has fallen out of favor because some organizations have experienced failure in their strategic plans. Analysis of why these organizations are not able to achieve successful results from their strategic planning efforts is rooted in a failure to properly execute the planning process or its necessary follow-up. This program is designed to equip those who participate in the strategic planning process with insights and tools that will deliver effective strategic plans.
- Why Strategic Planning?
- Exploding Five Popular Myths of Strategic Planning
- Assembling Your Strategic Planning “Team”
- The GNIRTS Planning Formula
- Strategic Planning Logistics
- Strategic Planning Pre-Work
- The Importance of Alignment
- Interpersonal Alignment
- Vision Alignment
- KPI & Key Metrics Alignment
- Strategic Planning Methodology and Approaches
- Analysis, Ideation and Brainstorming
- Project Plan Commissioning
- Project Plan Creation
- Project Plan Approval
- Project Team Assignments
- Impact on Mission Statement
- Strategic Planning Follow-Up
- Progress Reporting
- Appendix of Helpful Strategic Planning Tools
- Strategic Plan Logistical Checklist
- Strategic Planning Pre-Work Tools
- Strategic Planning Analysis Tools (SWOT, SSC&F, and Balanced Scorecard)
- Project Planning Template
- Strategic Planning Follow-up Template
- Top Ten reasons Why Strategic Planning Fails
Effective Strategic Planning (ESP2)
Session Length: 4 Hours | Target: Supervisors to CEOs & Boards | Prerequisites: None
This is a more concise version of ESP1, but contains all of the tools and templates found in ESP1. This program is ideal for organizations desiring an introduction to the process of strategic planning, with some degree of interaction with the different facets and stages of developing and implementing a strategic plan.
Expert facilitation of your organization’s strategic planning is available from BMG. Our clients rave about how effective we’ve enabled their strategic planning to become.